What to watch out for
It’s always important to take care with your medicine
- Always take the dose of Creon® prescribed by your doctor, nurse or dietitian.
- Take Creon® with a meal or a snack and drink plenty of water.
- Do not take Creon® if you are allergic to pork, any pig product, or to any of the other ingredients. Please refer to the patient information leaflet for the full list of ingredients.
- If you experience severe abdominal pain while taking Creon®, contact your doctor immediately.
- If you have cystic fibrosis and take in excess of 10,000 lipase units per kilogram per day and have unusual abdominal symptoms or changes in abdominal symptoms, tell your doctor.
For more detailed information, please speak to your healthcare professional.
If you take too much Creon®
If you take too much Creon®, you should drink plenty of water and see your doctor immediately.
If you forget to take a dose
If you forget to take your medicine, wait until your next meal and take your usual number of capsules. Do not try to make up for the number of capsules that you have missed.
Always remember to read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly and, if you have any further questions, please speak to your healthcare professional.